Gaines Charter Township is committed to the safety and well being of the public and our employees and, therefore, effective March 24, 2020 the Gaines Charter Township offices, including the Building Department, will be closed to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
The Township will:
- Continue to function and provide necessary services to the best of our ability. However, staffing levels will be reduced and responses will be conducted by employees working remotely.
- Emergency Fire and Rescue services will continue without reduction or interruption. (Fire stations are closed to the general public).
- We encourage you to contact us via phone or email. Visit the page for the department you need to connect with to obtain contact information. If you aren’t sure who you should talk to, email email@example.com.
- For payments:
- Use the after-hours drop box
- Utilize your bank on line payments feature
- Make payments via this website, visit ONLINE SERVICES
- Building Department - CLOSED:
- Use the online application forms and payment options
- NO OFFICE HOURS AND NO RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION INSPECTIONS
- For Election and voter information visit Michigan.gov/Vote
We will continue to be fluid with our response as this issue is continuously changing. As always, we remain committed to our residents, businesses, visitors and employees. The Township will follow the recommended steps, and we ask that our residents follow established best practices while in the community:
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Stay home if you are stick
Together, we can help to lessen the potential for human-to-human transmission of the virus.